Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Forgive or forget

"I'm a vulture, Avy, I prey on the weakness of others and get my kicks from their misfortunes. I look for the frail in everything and break whatever I can while it's still within my reach. For this reason I've kept people I never cared about close to me, so that I can poison them with this sickness, this chronic misanthropy that's infested me for as long as I can remember. I've tried to fight it but I'm tired, Avy, I'm so fucking tired. It's only with you that I still recognize my own reflection and it's only with you that I sense a path through this darkness and the dirt, this numbing inability to feel anything but anger at this world and everything it stands for. It's my only way of knowing that I love you, and I will love you just as much even after you leave me."

This is what he says to me.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Share